Recently, my 86 year old grandmother was rushed to the hospital. Although she’s never had heart problems, she was experiencing shortness of breath, tightness in her chest and palpitations.
The doctors in the ER thought she was having a heart attack. They monitored her vital signs closely, while administering electrolytes by IV. Three days later, my grandmother was released and referred to a cardiologist for further treatment.
How an Intelligent and Forward-Thinking Doctor Saved My Grandmother’s Life
Instead of putting her on a heart medication and sending her to the cardiologist – as most doctors would do – my grandmother’s physician did something that I believe saved her life. Dr. Schneider did what is rarely heard of in “mainstream” medicine. She checked my grandmother’s mineral levels.
The result showed that my grandmother was suffering from an acute magnesium deficiency. She left that day with only one prescription – for a daily magnesium supplement.
To think that for less than $0.05 per day, my grandmother could have avoided a near-death experience… and a $20,000 hospital visit.
Thanks to her forward-thinking physician, my grandmother avoided a prescription for dangerous prescription drugs that would have done nothing to solve her underlying condition. And by diagnosing the issue correctly, she probably saved her life.
It is estimated that magnesium deficiency causes 20 million deaths worldwide every year, including nearly 600 per day in the U.S. alone.
In fact, some studies have shown that over 80% of the U.S. population is deficient in magnesium, to one degree or another. That means there is a good chance that YOU are deficient.
This Mineral is Vital to Your Existence…
Do You Have Enough of It?
Magnesium plays hundreds of crucial roles in your body. It helps regulate the rhythm of your heartbeat. It helps to control your blood pressure and maintain insulin sensitivity. It controls the uptake and release of many hormones and neurotransmitters and it is vital for more than 300 enzymes to function properly.
Magnesium deficiency can be associated with a long list of illnesses and symptoms including ADHD, anxiety, asthma, autism, chronic fatigue, constipation, cramps, diabetes, fibromyalgia, heart attack, headaches, high blood pressure, IBS, kidney stones, metabolic syndrome, obesity, PMS, stroke, and acid reflux, just to name a few.
A rich, whole foods diet should provide all the magnesium your body requires. On the other hand, processed foods – which make up about 90% of the money Americans spend on food – contain almost none of this vital mineral.
And we further deplete our body’s magnesium stores with the phosphoric acid in colas and coffee, by consuming sugar and carbohydrates, salt, excess alcohol, diuretics (water pills), antibiotics and other drugs. We also lose more magnesium as we age.
To Keep Your Magnesium Levels in a Healthy Range…
Be sure to enjoy dark leafy greens (like spinach and Swiss chard), nuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, wild salmon and halibut, black beans and navy beans… and don’t forget the most decadent source of magnesium – delicious dark cocoa!
And because magnesium deficiency is such a life-threatening problem, you may want to ensure adequate body levels with a supplement. Magnesium citrate and magnesium chloride are the forms that are best absorbed (as opposed to magnesium oxide). If you have difficulty swallowing, consider a liquid supplement.
The RDA is 420 mg for adult males and 320 mg for adult females, however, there is solid evidence that these numbers are lower than optimal.
Unfortunately, Life-Threatening Deficiencies
Don’t End with Magnesium
There are dozens of vitamin, mineral, enzyme and hormone deficiencies that can put your health and your quality of life at serious risk. Not to mention environmental toxins and malfunctions in your organs and immune system.
The good news is that you can test for all of these things. Most of the tests are quite inexpensive. They are very easy to perform. And in many cases, your insurance will even pay for it.
Unfortunately, most doctors simply don’t test for these critical factors.
That is why I have produced a very special bonus report called 20 Lifesaving Tests Your Doctor Hasn’t Performed (and Should!).
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That is why the information in this report could literally save your life – or that of a loved one.
And it is yours free when you purchase the Your Plate Your Fate health transformation series.
Here is just a sample of what you’ll learn in 20 Lifesaving Tests:
- More than 50% of us are critically deficient in a vitamin that is REQUIRED to prevent breast, colon and prostate cells from turning cancerous. Do you have enough? (page 10)
- Discover which critical mineral can greatly reduce your risk of kidney stones (page 11)
- Why glucose measurements are NOT the best marker for diabetes control… and which test is far superior. This test is also one of the best markers for how well you’re aging! (page 5)
- Discover the protein that is produced when you consume a carb-rich diet that could increase your risk of colon cancer by THREE TIMES… how to test for it… and the best way reduce this cancer-promoting compound (page 7)
- Getting your cholesterol checked? You’re probably checking the wrong thing! Learn why your cholesterol number is not nearly as important as the health of your cholesterol and how to check it (page 6)
- Which substance has been shown to dramatically reduce the risk of 17 different kinds of cancer… and why you shouldn’t rely on the government’s dangerously low recommended daily allowance (page 10)
- The simple three ingredient detoxifying elixir that can help rid your body of toxic mercury, aluminum and lead (page 15)
- A simple mineral (that is depleted in the soil) is required to produce your body’s “Master Antioxidant & Detoxifier”… without it, your risk of cancer goes through the roof and your overall immunity is impaired. Learn the $3 a month solution (page 12)
- Toxic PCBs from conventional meats and farmed fish can stay in your body for 20 years or more, and cause a host of problems. Learn the simple detox that can speed their removal thousands of times faster (page 17)
This is just a sample of what you’ll learn in 20 Lifesaving Tests Your Doctor Hasn’t Performed (And Should!)
And in addition to the simple and inexpensive test that could literally save your life, you also learn how to reduce these markers of disease, optimize your nutrient intake, protect your organs and cleanse your body of toxins.
Your copy of this special report comes free with a purchase of Healing Gourmet’s flagship health transformation program – Your Plate Your Fate.
If you would like to lose weight, protect your health, slow down the aging process, have all-day energy and stay active and youthful well into your later years, there is nothing more important for you to do than follow the simple and delicious plan we have laid out.
Order your copy today!Order Now